The Aster Vintage Diamond Ring
Astronomical Aster. We cannot get enough.
- 18ct yellow gold
- Current Size: AU Q
- Split shoulder band to circular dome face, measuring approx. 16mm
- Central old mine cut champagne diamond, approx. 0.40ct
- Measuring approx. 4.56mm x 4.2mm x 3.05mm, Colour MN, Clarity SI
- Features a surround of eight rose cut, bead set diamonds
- Each accent diamond measures approx. 1.5mm - 1.7mm
- Total diamond weight of accent diamonds approx. 0.14ct, Colour HI, Clarity P1/P2
- This can be resized down to an AU L
- This can be resized up to an AU S
Nice to know: This beauty was lovingly reburished, to like-new condition, in our Brisbane studio.
Did you know: Old mine cut diamonds were crafted before today's precision stone cutting existed. Each would be done by hand, meaning no two are ever the same. Often, these were done by the miners themselves - hence old 'mine' cut - or by jewellers who would facet in a more artisanal style. There's something really interesting about the way old cut stones sparkle, that differs from those of modern stones. They seem to catch a single beam of light on each facet! The bespoke, hand crafted nature of old mine cut means that each setting would be manually shaped and fiited to each stone. Taking into account the limits in technology at the time that a piece like this was made, it truly is a wonder!